Our robust COVID-19 safety protocols listed below aim to keep all involved safe and healthy. Geothermal Rising is following, and will follow, guidance and orders from the City and County of San Diego, the State of California, the United States government, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as we direct the Cement Workshop. As such, these requirements could change if applicable rules and regulations change. We will promptly inform you of all updates and changes to these protocols.
- All attendees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or test negative for COVID-19. Tests shall occur within three days prior to arrival at the Cement Workshop.
- Face coverings shall be worn by all attendees, volunteers and staff in indoor settings unless eating or drinking, regardless of vaccination status, per County of San Diego guidance.
- Face coverings are also recommended in outdoor settings where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Events will be arranged using physical distancing guidelines, including the plenary sessions and technical program sessions.
- Temperature checks and pre-event screenings will be set up at entry points. All attendees must enter via the designated entry points.
- Food and beverage events will feature single-serve or hotel-staff-served meals.
- Numerous touchless sanitizer dispensers will be provided and available to all attendees.
- Enforcement of these protocols will be monitored by event staff and may result in the attendee’s removal from the workshop.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and respect of these protocols that are in place to keep the geothermal community safe.